BD Group stands for BD Logistics, our national network for local value added logistics, and BD myShopi, our consumer activation solutions.
BD Logistics is the specialist in deliveries and pickups with added value. Thanks to our unique network of local warehouses. We offer our customers a single national point of contact for all their logistics flows.
Sustainability is central to our approach. By cleverly bundling goods in the last mile, we reduce the number of logistic movements. With this approach we contribute to the quality of life, safety and mobility in cities and rural areas. Therefore we invest heavily in a green fleet.
BD myShopi has more than 50 years of experience in logistics and offline & digital consumer activation. As the number one omni-channel activation platform, BD myShopi ensures that consumers get stimulated and take action via various channels: in-home, on the go, in the mailbox and at shops. Our mission is ‘delivering activated consumers’. Every week, we distribute leaflets, samples and other creative expressions in 4.5 million letterboxes in Belgium and place digital cashbacks, leaflets or promotions on our promo platform myShopi.
Data & Application Architecture Manager
As our Data & Application Architecture Manager, you will define direction to the IT architecture, development and implementation of our ‘next generation’ systems and applications.
You will focus on managing the data-, architecture- and release-teams by defining, developing and presenting data architecture strategies and IT solutions for our internal and external customers. Specifically, this includes the following responsibilities:
- Acting as the right hand of the CIO, you will report to.
- Managing and coordinating our data-, architecture- and release-teams.
- Designing and developing a short- and long-term strategy to build a state-of-the-art Technology platform of the future.
- Creating an enterprise data architecture for data platforms, data warehousing, big data analytics and master data management (MDM) projects.
- Collaborating with stake holders to define enterprise standards and guidelines.
- Acting as the link between IT and Business and following the process from needs analysis to implementation.
- Building the enterprise conceptual and logical data models for analytics and reporting requirement structures in accordance with industry best practices.
- Identifying and evaluating security risks and performance issues and therefore taking timely action to adjust.
- Defining API services and MicroServices.
- Consistently demonstrating a good understanding in conceptual, logical and physical database architectures, design patterns, best practices around dimensional modelling and data integration.
- Managing the documentation concerning architectural decisions.
- Contributing to architecture and data governance by cooperating on audit processes.
We value Passion, Initiative, Respect and Professionalism highly at BD myShopi and we expect our colleagues to live up to these values and be ambassadors for the BD Group.
Specifically for this position we are looking for the following competences:
- You have a Master or Bachelor degree and at least 5 years of experience in a relevant coordinating role (IT data manager, application architect, senior developer, senior business analyst).
- You are a strong manager with demonstratable experience.
- You are able to respond adequately to trends and changes as you follow the quickly evolving IT landscape closely.
- You have a good understanding of technical building blocks such as SOA and MicroServices. Knowledge of EA modelling languages and frameworks, such as Archimate and TOGAF, is a plus.
- You are able to follow and instruct our developers and data analysts in various technologies.
- You are able to inspire and keep your own team and other stakeholders of other departments up to date and you create buy-in.
- You have strong analytical skills and a keen eye for detail.
- You like to take ownership, you are strongly service minded and you are a born initiator.
- You have a pragmatic approach and love to work hands on.
- You feel comfortable in a rapidly changing work environment.
- You have great communications skills in English and Dutch (or French).
You have (conceptual) knowledge of the following technologies and tools:
- Java, .Net, Python, …
- Jira, Jenkins
- ESB (Mulesoft)
- Azure (Databricks, ….), AWS cloud services
- Microsoft Dynamics ERP and the Microsoft data stack (MS SQL, SSIS, Power BI, …)
- Oracle and PostgreSQL
Do you recognize yourself in this description?
Then we are looking forward to your application!
You will find work in a dynamic organisation, which gives you the opportunity to make a immediate visible contribution to the further development of the company and its employees. Initiative is therefore sincerely appreciated. A strong team spirit is inherent to our company.
As an employee of BD myShopi and BD Logistics, you will have the opportunity for further intensive development. Within the function you get the chance to take on exciting challenges together with your colleagues.
We offer a permanent contract with an attractive and competitive salary, including extra-legal benefits (company car, expense allowance, group and health insurance and meal vouchers).
Please send your CV with a cover letter to the HR department at email@example.com.
If you do not receive a reply to your CV within two weeks implicates that we are unable to give you a favourable response at this point.